Saturday 8 September 2007

Celebrations...........

How come I think of a million (ok,slight exaggeration!) interesting things to write about then promptly sit down and forget them all? I know, I know, write them down you shout, but really my mind should be able to contain at least two things at once without having to list them!


Anyway, the kids are tucked up and the night is no longer young because I've just whiled away a couple of hours catching up - how does that happen? After a pretty stressful day of haircuts, tantrums and Beano confiscations I'm back in Blogland and it feels good! I'll have to make do with pasta for tea because I forgot to take the tuna out of the freezer, but otherwise all's well.


I have a query, can someone explain Flickr to me? I was very pleased with myself when I managed to add it to the side of my blog but what do I do with it now? It's just sort of sitting there looking pretty but I'm too overwhelmed with all this technology to actually do anything with it. Do I have to or can I just leave it there and pretend it doesn't exist??!!


Last weekend was a cause for great celebration in this family. My mum turned 60 so we had a party here for her. Great excuse to bring out the bunting and all the old napkins, plates etc I've collected over the years. My uncle played the piano (finally someone's used it!) until the wee hours and a great time was had by all!


I just have to say "Happy Birthday" Mum. She really is the best mother we could wish for, if a little eccentric at times (she knows what we mean). I'll have to show her this post next time I visit. She's not a big fan of blogs, what with all her conspiracy theories. I blame the "Daily Mail" !


Finally I thought I'd finish with a gem from my seven year old :


"Mum"


"Yes Jack"


"You're not fat"


"Thank-you darling" Preening myself, waiting for the compliment which is sure to follow.


"You're stout!"



Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

9 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum (from a conspirator!). I've had a few of those comments from my youngest and my oldest can't wait for my clothes to feel a bit tight on me so that she can nab them! We've had a few tantrums here this weekend, I think they're just completely worn out by being back at school and another seven weeks till half-term to get through (I think my youngest will be running on empty by then.)
Kim xx

Racheal Miles said...

Great post. I too can lose hours in blog land, it's as if you go into a trance and then suddenly become conscious two hours later and realise that there are jobs to be, dinner to cook, clothes to wash etc.
Racheal x

Ali said...

Blogland is like the ultimate time vortex! I swear I only spend 5 mins at a time on the computer...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit to a back of the envelope list of thoughts, my brain seems to have shut down these days and often I can't recall what I was going to fetch from the cupboard once I get there! So I have a scrappy envelope eack week that I scribble on 'post bunting',' calendula cream' and 'baking flour' were all on there this week along with some random thoughts for bloging.

Anonymous said...

hiya, thank you for leaving such a nice comment. Happy birthday to your mum! Eccentric mums are great! Funny, mine has a few conspiracy theories too!

Mrs Moog said...

Ha ha - don't you just love their honesty - not! Whilst singing my head of to Mica's 'Big Girls' yesterday my sweet 6 year old girl said 'You're a big girl aren't you Mum' - 'Well Biggish' I said - love her :)

Betty said...

I forgotten everything you said after your comment from Jack made me laugh. I'm sure that I am stout too! LOL

Louise said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum and she sounds a bit like mine! And God bless Jack, he sounds hilarious! Re the Flickr badge - yes, just leave it because now it's just a link to check out your lovely photos!

Mason Evans said...

Loved reading thiis thank you